Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 Specification
เลือกรุ่น Dell EMC PowerEdge R740
General-purpose workhorse optimized for workload acceleration
Maximize your application performance with the PowerEdge R740 server, which brings you the perfect balance of accelerator cards, storage and compute resources in a 2U, 2-socket platform. With a wide range of GPU and FPGA options, the R740 has the versatility to adapt to virtually any application and provides the optimum platform for VDI deployments. The R740 offers up to 16 x 2.5” or 8 x 3.5” drives and iDRAC9, so you can scale to meet demands and simplify the entire IT lifecycle.
- Cloud applications/Web tech
Achieve IT transformation with the Dell EMC PowerEdge portfolio
The R740 is a general-purpose workhorse optimized for workload acceleration. With its versatility, the R740 can help you transform your data center for VDI, artificial intelligence and software-defined storage (SDS).
- Simplify and accelerate VMware vSAN™ deployments with validated, pre-bundled and tailored Ready Nodes.
- Scale compute resources with 2nd Generation Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors and tailor performance based on your unique workload requirements.
- Scale your VDI deployments with 3 double-width GPUs, supporting up to 50% more users when compared to R730.1
- Free up storage space using internal M.2 SSDs optimized for boot.
Automate productivity with intelligent, embedded management
Dell EMC automation and intelligent management mean you spend less time on routine maintenance so you can focus on bigger priorities.
- Help maximize uptime and reduce the IT effort to resolve issues by up to 72%2 with ProSupport Plus and SupportAssist.
- Leverage existing management consoles with easy integrations for VMware® vSphere®, Microsoft® System Center and Nagios®.
- Help improve productivity with agent-free Dell EMC iDRAC9 for automated, efficient management.
- Simplify deployment with OpenManage next-generation console and server profiles to fully configure and prep servers in rapid, scalable fashion.
Fortify your data center with comprehensive protection
Dell EMC provides a comprehensive, cyber-resilient architecture with security embedded into every server to protect your data.
- Protect server configuration and firmware from malicious changes with new Configuration Lock-down.
- Use system erase of local storage to help ensure data privacy when you repurpose or retire servers.
- Automate updates that check file dependencies and proper update sequence, before deploying them independently from the OS/hypervisor.
- Take control of your firmware consoles with embedded authentication that is designed to allow only properly designed updates to run.
Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 Specification
- Up to two 2nd Generation Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors with up to 28 cores per processor
Up to three 300W or six 150W GPUs
Up to three double-width or four single-width FPGAs
- DIMM Speed:
Up to 2933MT/s
- Memory Type:
DCPMM (Intel® Optane™ DC persistent memory)
- Memory Module Slots:
24 DDR4 DIMM slots (12 NVDIMM or 12 DCPMM only)
Supports registered ECC DDR4 DIMMs only
- Maximum RAM:
DCPMM 6.14TB (7.68TB with LRDIMM)
- Internal controllers:
PERC H330, H730P, H740P, HBA330
- Software RAID:
- External HBAs (non-RAID):
12Gbps SAS HBA
- External PERC (RAID):
- Boot Optimized Storage Subsystem:
HWRAID 2 x M.2 SSDs 240GB or 480GB
- 495W Platinum
- 750W Platinum
- 750W 240VDC6 Platinum
- 1100W Platinum
- 1100W -48VDC Gold
- 1100W 380VDC7 Platinum
- 1600W Platinum
- 2000W Platinum
- 2400W Platinum
- 750W Titanium
Hot plug power supplies with full redundancy option
Up to 6 hot plugs fans with full redundancy
Dimensions & Weight
Dimensions do not include bezel
- Optional LCD bezel or security bezel
- Cryptographically signed firmware
- Secure Boot
- Secure Erase
- Silicon Root of Trust
- System Lockdown (requires OpenManage Enterprise)
- TPM 1.2/2.0, TCM 2.0 optional
Supported Operating Systems
- Canonical® Ubuntu® Server LTS
- Citrix® Hypervisor
- Microsoft® Windows Server® LTSC with Hyper-V
- Oracle® Linux
- Red Hat® Enterprise Linux
- SUSE® Linux Enterprise Server
- VMware® ESXi®
- Choose Dell ProSupport Plus for critical systems or Dell ProSupport for premium hardware and software support for your PowerEdge solution. Consulting and deployment offerings are also available. Contact your Dell representative today for more information. Availability and terms of Dell Services vary by region.
- Network Options:
4 x 1GbE
2 x 10GbE + 2 x 1GbE
4 x 10GbE
2 x 25GbE
- Front Ports:
1 x Dedicated iDRAC direct USB
2 x USB 2.0
1 x USB 3.0 (optional)
1 x VGA
- Rear Ports:
1 x Dedicated iDRAC network port
1 x Serial
2 x USB 3.0
1 x VGA
- Front Bays
Up to 16 x 2.5” SAS/SATA/SSD, max 122.88TB
Up to 8 x 3.5” SAS/SATA, max 112TB
8 x Gen3 slots (4 x16)
- Video Card
1 x VGA
- Embedded / At-the-Server
iDRAC Restful API with Redfish
Quick Sync 2 BLE/wireless module
OpenManage Power Center
Dell EMC RACADM CLI
Dell EMC Repository Manager
Dell EMC System Update
Dell EMC Server Update Utility
Dell EMC Update Catalogs
iDRAC Service Module
OpenManage Server Administrator
OpenManage Storage Services
- OpenManage Integrations
IBM Tivoli® Network Manager IP Editio
Microsoft® System Center
RedHat® Ansible® Modules
- OpenManage Connections
IBM Tivoli Netcool/OMNIbus
Micro Focus Operations Manager I
- ReadyRails™ sliding rails with optional cable management arm for 4-post racks (optional adapter brackets required for threaded hole racks).